[Sailing news] Mayday... the last.

Voile Abordable info-1 at voile.org
Sun Jan 2 14:55:43 EST 2005

Thanks to all of you that supported the aid campaign,

You were numerous to show your support to our letter of appeal last week.
I also received some criticisms concerning Mr. Egeland from the United
Nation. Again I would like to underline that his comment were address to
all of us and not any one in particular. Look at the very positive result,
my Government "Canada" increased his aid from $1 to $40 millions and
Canadians gave almost $10 millions in private aid. That is well over
$1.60/citizen (remember, we are just 30 millions up here). And what to say
of the big present from the USA a few hours before the end of the year! I
was extremely delighted to see Mr. Powel appearing in front of the camera
announcing a BIG $ 350 Millions in aid. I'm not certain how much the US
citizens gave in private aid but in certainly getting bigger every day. Go
America Go ! That aid will go a long in improving North American image and
defeating fanatics around the world

I also received some criticism because I mentionned the Red Cross only

Well I really did mean to advertise one organism more than another, I had
The Red Cross's number handy when I wrote the letter. What count is that
you give to a recognize charity group that you trust. The US Government
has published a list of such trusty charity groups. See the link bellow.

Now back to sailing: Our Magazine will be in production in couple of weeks
ready for the Montreal's boat show in February. If you wanted to
advertised your boat in one of the section (boat for sale, charter,
barefoot and courses) you must register your boat on our Web Site in the
proper section before January 15th. After it will be too late for this
edition. Go to our Web Site.

A very happy new year to all !

Yves JULIEN
Affordable Yachting