[finders] Ubiquitous Findable Objects (UFOs)

finders at findability.org finders at findability.org
Thu Nov 17 20:58:04 EST 2005

November 17, 2005: Ubiquitous Findable Objects (UFOs)

http://www.findability.org/archives/000072.php

O'Reilly just published Ubiquitous Findable Objects, an article that delves
into the promise and peril of tagging products, possessions, people, and
pets.

Which brings me to the subject (or object) of this post, our six month old
Sheltie puppy, Knowsy. We're trying to decide whether or not to have her
tagged with a subdermal RFID implant.

On one hand, it may help us find Knowsy, if she got lost, and was somehow
separated from her collar. On the other hand, the procedure involves a big
needle, and the implant could cause problems if she ever needs an MRI scan.

To chip or not to chip. That is the question. What do you think? Thanks!