[finders] Google Earth on Safari

finders at findability.org finders at findability.org
Mon Sep 26 11:30:12 EDT 2005

September 26, 2005: Google Earth on Safari

Google Earth illustrates the future present of Ambient Findability by
intertwingling wayfinding and retrieval, enabling us to explore, navigate,
and learn about the physical world. The geocoding of National Geographic's
Africa offers yet another hint at where things are headed.

In this morning's five minute safari, I zoomed in on Madagascar, skimmed an
article about paradise flycatchers, and quickly found myself in the Berenty
Reserve, enjoying the acrobatics and fierce roars of the Verreaux's sifaka,
the rare species of lemur that lives on the cover of my new book.

http://www.findability.org/archives/000050.php

LINKS MENTIONED

Google Earth
http://earth.google.com/