[finders] Endeca in the Library

finders at findability.org finders at findability.org
Thu Jan 12 14:01:26 EST 2006

January 12, 2006: Endeca in the Library

http://www.findability.org/archives/000086.php

The NCSU Libraries have announced the first library deployment of Endeca
ProFind with Guided Navigation. I expect many libraries will follow suit. It
must be an exciting time to be at NCSU. Not only do they have the coolest
catalog. They also get to zip around on a Segway Human Transporter.

No wonder everyone wants to be a librarian these days. Speaking of which, I
had lunch yesterday with Superpatron (the alter ego of Ed Vielmetti) who's
been playing with Ann Arbor's catalog. I especially like his visual wall of
books.