[finders] University of Washington

finders at findability.org finders at findability.org
Wed Oct 18 16:06:52 EDT 2006

October 18, 2006: University of Washington

http://www.findability.org/archives/000137.php

Last week, thanks to ASIS&T UW, I visited the University of Washington
iSchool, where I shared the stage with my old friend, Joe Janes, also known
as the Internet Librarian and founder of the Internet Public Library.

Joe discussed the past 50 years of searching (PDF). I talked about the
present and future of findability (PDF). We had a great discussion with the
audience, and then went out for drinks. A podcast should be available soon,
and in the meantime you can read my Silverfish interview.

I also made my requisite IA pilgrimage to the Seattle Public Library, where
I had fun climbing the Dewey Decimal Books Spiral. Lou will be there
tomorrow for Enterprise IA, and then IDEA starts up on Monday.