[finders] Second Life

finders at findability.org finders at findability.org
Thu Jul 26 09:45:05 EDT 2007

July 26, 2007: Second Life

http://www.findability.org/archives/000181.php

Tomorrow, for the SL IA Summit Redux, I'm giving my first talk in second
life. Or, perhaps I should say, Shibuya Callisto (my avatar) will be giving
her first talk.

I had to explain the distinction to our daughters a few nights ago. When I
pointed to Shibuya and said "That's me" they started yelling: "That's not
you Daddy!"

Anyway, details are here, and if you can't travel to Info Architecture
Island, the talk will also be webcast live on lifecrawler. So much for my
"secret" identity!

Strange Connections

* Wired exposes the wrong way to invest in Second Life.

* I'm sure IDEA 2007 and Interaction08 will be great events. I vote to have
them co-located in 2009, so we can more easily attend both.

* Aaron Goldman asks: Should We Fear Ambient Findability?

* Perhaps, but definitely watch out for that Crazy Librarian.