[finders] Ambient Traveler

finders at findability.org finders at findability.org
Fri Jun 29 11:10:26 EDT 2007

June 29, 2007: Ambient Traveler

http://www.findability.org/archives/000174.php

Last week I spent the night in a different location six nights in a row. On
Wednesday, I flew from Ann Arbor to San Francisco, ambled about the Marin
Headlands, ate dinner with friends, then drove to my hotel in San Jose.

On Thursday, I spoke and ate lunch at eBay (thanks Christina!), met up with
Jeff Veen and gave a tech talk at Google, survived a three car accident on
101 North, ate dinner with a friend in Palo Alto, and drove to the San
Anselmo Inn.

On Friday, I visited the lighthouse and hiked the Estero at Point Reyes, and
drove to Sebastopol for an ununconference and a night of unsleep in my tent.

On Saturday, I enjoyed Foo Camp (especially Cory Doctorow's talk about
futurity and Erin McKean's on Hacking English), then drove to the Holiday
Inn at SFO.

On Sunday, I flew home, went running and mountain biking while doing my
laundry, and then flew to Washington, where I slept well at the Grand Hyatt.

On Monday, I spoke at ALA, met Tim Spalding, ate lunch with students and
conference organizers, flew home, and took our dog for a walk. Whew!