[finders] Honeycombs

finders at findability.org finders at findability.org
Mon Mar 5 12:43:40 EST 2007

March 5, 2007: Honeycombs

http://www.findability.org/archives/000160.php

Magnus Revang has created a new version of my original honeycomb focused on
the process of user experience design.

His version provokes thought about process (which is good), but I find its
semi-circular linearity limiting. More importantly, it's not a honeycomb! We
could call it the user experience donut where the real value lies in the
(w)hole.

Strange Connections

* I'm off to Australia, where I plan to visit the honeycombs of Balmoral
Beach and teach an IA & Search Workshop in Sydney. Also, Eric Scheid is
organizing an informal, last minute IA cocktail hour on Friday evening.

* My Dot-Green Future by Bruce Sterling and Hands On (via Bruce's Beyond)
are both worth a read.

* Digital photos can now enjoy ambient findability (via Dan) and the united
states patent office goes 2.0 (via Dan).

Okay, no more links. I'm headed up above.