[finders] Folksonomies and Faceted Navigation

finders at findability.org finders at findability.org
Wed Mar 28 16:13:20 EDT 2007

March 28, 2007: Folksonomies and Faceted Navigation

http://www.findability.org/archives/000163.php

Pete Bell of Endeca turned me onto the fascinating, faceted, folksonomic
innovations going on at Buzzillions.

Here's what Pete had to say:

"One of our customers just launched a beta of the most interesting
integration of folksonomies and faceted navigation that I've seen so far. It
balances the rigidity of facets built from a controlled vocabulary with the
potential anarchy of raw folksonomies."

Users can iteratively refine their search using any combination of
controlled vocabulary terms and user contributed tags. To see where these
faceted tags come from, find a product and then select Write a Review. I
plan to explore further when I have the chance, but at first glance, it
looks very nicely done!