[finders] San Francisco Excursion

finders at findability.org finders at findability.org
Thu May 31 11:33:50 EDT 2007

May 31, 2007: San Francisco Excursion

http://www.findability.org/archives/000172.php

I'm headed to the glorious San Francisco Bay Area in a few weeks for the
2007 edition of O'Reilly's Foo Camp.

I'm hoping to finance my trip with a few speaking gigs. This may prove
difficult, for while I'm not flying the furthest, I may have to buy a Segway
as well as a tent.

So, if your group is interested in a short presentation or in-depth workshop
(ideally on June 21) on such topics as information architecture, user
experience, ambient findability, or the future of search, please pull this
string.

Strange Connections

* In the lemur book, I used Ambient Devices to illustrate the imminent
proliferation of alternate interfaces to digital networked information. It
looks like Microsoft Surface is a big step in that direction. Here's a
bullish report.

* With the recent launch of Smart Experience, Victor Lombardi has become a
bona fide 21st century education entrepreneur. Grow Victor, grow!