[finders] Webstock

finders at findability.org finders at findability.org
Tue Nov 6 10:15:54 EST 2007

November 6, 2007: Webstock

http://www.findability.org/archives/000189.php

If you're considering which conference to attend this winter, don't!
Instead, you should join us at Webstock and put some summer in your winter.

Seriously, the programme looks great, and I can't wait to visit New Zealand.
Hiking the Tararua range is high on my list, but if you've got suggestions
for things to do in the Wellington region, please let me know. Thanks!

Strange Connections

* Having recently visited and lectured at the immensely inspiring
institution known as the New York Public Library, I enjoyed reading Future
Reading.

* In Understanding Search Usability, Shari Thurow explores berrypicking (and
pogosticking) from usability and seo perspectives.

* The folks at Yahoo! Research investigate the use of search results to
enhance query classification to improve search results (and advertising).

* The UFOs are coming, compliments of Trackstick, Bladerunner GPS, and a
host of miscellaneous knowsy gadgets.