[finders] Keeping Found Things Found

finders at findability.org finders at findability.org
Mon Oct 29 11:34:04 EDT 2007

October 29, 2007: Keeping Found Things Found

http://www.findability.org/archives/000188.php

I've been a fan of KFTF for some time, so I was happy to serve as a
technical editor for William Jones' book about personal information
management.

And, I'm even happier to see that Keeping Found Things Found will ship
within a few weeks. It's priced as a textbook, but after you read my
blurb...

"Keeping Found Things Found is the missing manual for 21st century literacy.
We're at the epicenter of a rapidly expanding universe of personal
information. Books, music, photos, videos, email, contacts, calendars,
wills, bills, records, and receipts: how can we keep our piles and files
from spiraling out of control? William Jones has the answer in this
important book about finding our memories and organizing our lives. A
must-read for designers, developers, librarians, and anyone else who cares
about the future of information interaction."

...I'm sure you won't be able to resist finding and keeping this book.

Strange Connections

* I've joined the advisory board of Clueray, a search startup based in Ann
Arbor. Kurt Skifstad, the founder and president, is headed to Silicon Valley
to talk with potential partners and investors. If you'd like to talk with
Kurt, let me know.

* I recently stumbled upon William Gibson's hand-scribbled visual essay on
Understanding the Spime. It's nice to see the ambient findability meme is
securely lodged in the brain of my favorite science fiction author.