[finders] Longevity

finders at findability.org finders at findability.org
Fri Feb 22 10:54:17 EST 2008

February 22, 2008: Longevity

http://www.findability.org/archives/000197.php

Russ Unger has written about his value as an information architect or as a
user experience practitioner. I personally think it's fine to be both.
Either way, I enjoyed seeing his adaptation of my user experience honeycomb.

Though, when it comes to longevity, while surface elements may change
rapidly, I believe we must strive to create information architectures that
will endure at least 5-10 years. I've suggested to Russ that he incorporate
Stewart Brand's concept of pace layering (and resilience theory) into his
presentation.

Russ has also adapted Peter Boersma's T-Model in support of skills
assessment within the context of the project development lifecycle.

These two articles (especially the visuals) successfully integrate and
extend some key ideas about the value of (and the complex relationships
between) information architecture and user experience design. Nice work
Russ!