[finders] Architecture for the Information Age

finders at findability.org finders at findability.org
Fri Apr 3 10:39:11 EDT 2009

April 3, 2009: Architecture for the Information Age

Yesterday, at IUE 2009, Dan Klyn gave a talk called Now That I See It. I
really wish I'd been there. It takes a bit of work to recreate the
experience, pulling together the slides and the notes and the tweets, but
it's absolutely worth it.

As an extra bonus, Dan has posted a short excerpt from his interview with
Richard Saul Wurman. I found it surprisingly refreshing and inspiring.

Strange Connections

* What do Niccolò Machiavelli and Mother Teresa have in common? They'd both
be proud of John Rhodes for writing this book.

* I'm collecting even more search patterns. A great new example is Newssift
(thanks Endeca!) which features entity extraction, sentiment analysis, and
semantic expansion. Please keep the examples and patterns coming. Thanks!