[finders] Information Architecture with Maps

finders at findability.org finders at findability.org
Wed Nov 18 10:02:37 EST 2009

November 18, 2009: Information Architecture with Maps

http://www.findability.org/archives/000241.php

I'm working on a brand new workshop for UX London in May:

"A map is a powerful tool for navigating and understanding physical,
digital, intellectual, and social space. In this workshop, we'll
explore how maps can improve the process and product of classic and
cross-media information architecture and user experience design."

That's all I have! But, I'm convinced that information architect as
cartographer is a relatively uncharted territory worthy of
exploration. And Richard Saul Wurman agrees. But, I could sure use
some help. If you have reactions, suggestions, or recommended reading,
please let me know. Thanks!

Strange Connections

* IA for Ubiquitous Ecologies (PDF) by Andrea Resmini and Luca Rosati
is a short, powerful paper about designing cross-media experiences.

* Stacy Surla has written a great article about Citizen-Centric Portals.