[finders] iPad First Impressions

finders at findability.org finders at findability.org
Mon Apr 5 10:02:20 EDT 2010

April 5, 2010: iPad First Impressions

http://findability.org/archives/000632.php

We had fun with the iPad this weekend, especially since our family was featured in the Detroit Free Press. Of course, I had to run out and buy several print copies, because those are the only ones that really count.

The iPad is a beautiful device that's perfect for sharing content and media with family members. It's much better than a laptop for show and tell.

But is it worth the investment? Well, I'm honestly not sure that first impressions count for much. What matters is how this tablet fits into our daily lives (or not) a month or two after arrival. We'll have to wait to see.

In the meantime, you can check out reviews from Consumer Reports and please feel free to fire a few questions my way. Also, if you're going to the IA Summit this week, just ask and I'll let you take it for a test drive.