[finders] Endeca's Pattern Library

finders at findability.org finders at findability.org
Thu Jul 22 10:07:41 EDT 2010

July 22, 2010: Endeca's Pattern Library

http://findability.org/archives/000637.php

I'm excited by the launch of Endeca's design pattern library for search and discovery. I've been eagerly awaiting this release since my sneak peek back when Mark Burrell and I collaborated on our virtual seminar.

The library is well-designed. It's organized by industry, topic, and usage. And each pattern includes a problem summary, usages, constraints and challenges, solution elements, examples, and links for further reading.

A few of my favorites are Range Slider, Analytics Dashboard, Breadbox, andPersistent Comparison List. And, I'm already keeping an eye on the feed for new patterns. The folks at Endeca have unparalleled experience in the design and implementation of search and discovery applications. I'm thrilled by how they are sharing this knowledge and engaging with the community.