[finders] Designing Search

finders at findability.org finders at findability.org
Fri May 13 09:08:38 EDT 2011

May 13, 2011: Designing Search

http://findability.org/archives/000646.php

I'm excited to learn that Designing Search by Greg Nudelman is now publicly available. It's a brilliant book that overflows with illustrations and insights.

In celebration, I'm posting the foreword. If you have any interest in search, I highly recommend you read Greg's book. Of course, you should also read:

* Search User Interfaces by Marti Hearst

* Search Patterns by Peter Morville and Jeffery Callender

* Search Analytics by Louis Rosenfeld

After reading all four books, you'll have a real appreciation for just how much you still don't know about search. Welcome to the club!