[game_preservation] A Visit to the Museum of Underappreciated Games

Andreas Lange lange at digitalgamearchive.org
Tue Dec 21 05:23:53 EST 2004

Jason Della Rocca schrieb:
> Another related story:
>
> "A Visit to the Museum of Underappreciated Games"
> http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=technologyNews&storyID=7061508&src=rss/technologyNews
>

> Can't say I personally agree with the listed games ;) But, good to see
> coverage related to game preservation/history and the inherent
> challenges, etc.

yes, that's true. thanks for the link.
it is also remarkable that the preservation question is only raised in
regards to "underappreciated games". as if incompatibility is only a
question of selling figures. but maybe the strategy is worth to
consider. if one claim that certain games were even forgotten during
their market life one can more easily convince people that one must care
for their preservation afterwards.

andreas