[game_preservation] The Interactive Media Education Foundation

John B. Fitzpatrick john.fitzpatrick at timefound.us
Fri Mar 4 21:15:08 EST 2005

Hello Everyone,

I want to introduce myself to the list.  I am currently working with the
Interactive Media Education Foundation to develop a large-scale museum
(think, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame) for computer games in the San
Francisco Bay Area, as well as an experimental high school for underserved
teens that uses the playing, development and study of games to assist in
learning math, science, and world cultures.

Once we start building our collections, preservation will, of course,
become a very important part of our activities.  It is my hope that our
experiences will make us a valuable resource to you.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend GDC, but please contact me with
any questions you might have.  If I can answer them, I will.

Regards,
John
--------
John B. Fitzpatrick
Interim President and CEO
The Interactive Media Education Foundation
1819 Polk St, PMB 361, San Francisco, CA 94109
john.fitzpatrick at timefound.us
http://timefound.us/