[game_preservation] A Triumph Of Game Preservation

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Tue Aug 12 07:31:39 EDT 2008

Certainly interesting but...fans? Hmm?

While there are some brilliant fansites, I know as well as anyone else
that many just go offline at random times or have funding
problems/update problems :( - It'd be much more interesting if a museum
or archive got hold of the information, and was able to make use of it
or store it properly. After all, the Wing Commander range of games is no
small amount of information.

Or maybe at some point the fans can send copies of that stuff to
somewhere more permanent. Still much better then nothing! Applauding
from the sidelines here, at least it isn't all just stored at EA Mythic.
I just hope Mythic don't just bin it all now, with the excuse being
someone else has it, hehe.

Andrew