[game_preservation] Stanford Workshop: “Preserving Knowledge in Virtual Worlds”

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Thu Jul 10 15:22:07 EDT 2008

Anyone who this is aimed at might be interested in this workshop which
Henry is putting on at Stanford (I'm surprised he hasn't posted it here
already in fact!).

I made a post
<http://www.igda.org/preservation/archives/2008/07/stanford_worksh.html>
on it, the text explains it pretty well (I hope):

Our own Henry Lowood at How They Got Game has advertised a new
August 2008 workshop titled "Preserving Knowledge in Virtual Worlds"
<http://www.stanford.edu/group/htgg/cgi-bin/drupal/?q=node/221>.
This will among other things hopefully answer: "How will businesses,
government organizations, and academic institutions *preserve and
manage* knowledge emerging from work in these spaces?" - read the
post for much, /much/ more detail, and I hope to hear news from the
event when it is finished!

It's aimed at a pretty board range of people. If anyone is going and is
willing to, a report of some kind on how it went and about what went on
would be awesome! In any case, people should know it's going on.