[game_preservation] Vintage Game Club

Stuart Feldhamer stuart.feldhamer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 23:15:23 EDT 2008

You know, it’s both sad and lame that a game like Grim Fandango is out of
print. Can you imagine Citizen Kane going out of print?

I guess this is why we need people actively working on game preservation

I have been hoping and dreaming for years that one day the publishers will
wake up and start leveraging their back catalogs more, at least for some of
the really classic games. Alas it doesn’t seem as if the games industry will
be learning this particular lesson from movies or books any time soon.

Where is the long tail? I know about all the experiments in digital
distribution but it’s really not quite the same.

Stuart