[game_preservation] Abandonware

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Sun Jun 15 18:23:45 EDT 2008

Interesting piece (it's from 2000, I doubt much has changed apart from
the move from Usenet/IRC to websites and the change of name to "ESA"),
goes into a lot of detail on the American side of it, I wonder if
parallel organisations in Europe/Asia act the same way.

However, do you personally think it is a good idea for the SIG to be
interested at all in the area or should we ignore it or what? Should the
sites be listed, or material gathered about what they are doing over
time, or just ignore the phenomenon? Would it ever be "okay" to discuss
it in detail on this mailing list, for instance, or on the IGDA forums?

Thanks for the article link in any case Mike, I should really categorise
the Mobygames features articles into the resource list properly.

Andrew