[game_preservation] Edited copy - IGDA Memorials Project Letter

Captain Commando evilcowclone at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 20:15:37 EDT 2008

Incidentally, I wasn't able to tell what edits were made :)
However, the IGDA newsletter version is different from the one that I sent.
Speaking of which, SURELY the IGDA Games Preservation SIG has a complete
collection of all IGDA Newsletters ever mailed? :)

===================================
1: Game Developer Memorials Project
===================================
The IGDA's Game Preservation SIG is launching the IGDA Memorials
Project to remember the lives and work of members of the game
industry. The Memorials Project contains biographies of professionals
from around the world, and is welcome to anyone who worked on a game
or with the Industry in the past.

http://www.igda.org/wiki/Memorials/

In addition, because we believe the IGDA stands for more than just
video games, there are Memorials for designers of paper-based games,
as well as notable individuals from the toy industry, critical game
studies, and computer science, whose work has greatly affected the
ways in which we understand, play, and design our games.

It is our firm intent that the IGDA Memorials Project will help
demonstrate our seriousness as an industry and an art form that cares
deeply about its individuals and their contribution to the medium. We
recognize our community as being a continuous line of individuals
stretching from the past and into the future rather than as being
defined solely by the latest titles on the wall. We should remember
these individuals as people whose creative passions helped shape the
medium to become what it is today and whose legacy continues to direct
where it will go in the future.

The IGDA Memorials Project welcomes participation from members of the
community to help celebrate the memories of our own. Most Memorials
provide the option for members to post eulogies regarding their own
personal experiences with and memories of a person they knew or whose
work they cared deeply about. We are also interested in hearing about
other developers whose Memorials are not already on the site. If you
are interested in participating in the IGDA Memorials Project, please
visit our Submission Guidelines page or contact memorials at igda.org.

http://www.igda.org/wiki/Memorials/Submission_Guidelines

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando