[game_preservation] Limbo of the Lost

Captain Commando evilcowclone at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 21:31:00 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I figured I'd bring this one out to see if anyone has been following up on
it recently. It's a horrible game that has plagiarized practically
everything called 'Limbo of the Lost':

http://kotaku.com/5019034/limbo-of-the-lost-devs-protest-innocence

Apparently, they ripped entire levels and models out of Oblivion and stuck
them all into the game.

Now the reason why this is interesting is because you can see a cult
developing around this as we speak: there is already a wiki chronicling all
of the things this game ripped off:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limbo_of_the_Lost#Controversy

http://lotl.wikia.com/wiki/Limbo_of_the_Lost_Wiki

I think there's definitely something interesting culturally about this game,
how it's a commercial release which has cobbled together the plagiarized
bits of so many other games. I figured I would bring it up for discussion as
I think there's a connection here with preservation (if only because this
thing's going to get pulled from the market within a couple weeks :P).

-DM

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando