[game_preservation] Gary Gygax passed away

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Tue Mar 4 13:36:13 EST 2008

News on Gary Gygax's death. I've only heard him really speak in Futurama
(a great appearance I might add), but damn, he was a big game developer,
and must have been a great guy.

:-(

News post on Slashdot
<http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/03/04/1750206>. The forum
(his publisher) which reported it is really overwhelmed, but this is the
link.
<http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4373&mforum=trolllordgames>

And a quick note; I think this is most certainly someone who deserves a
memorial page <http://www.igda.org/wiki/Memorials>. Once an obituary is
published, I'll see if the person who does one wants to have it copied
onto the IGDA site, unless anyone wants to do one on this mailing list
we can post of course, the game developer angle would be a nice thing.