[game_preservation] AMAZING collection of E3 '95 videos!

Jim Leonard trixter at oldskool.org
Mon Mar 31 19:39:20 EDT 2008

Andrew Armstrong wrote:

> If you ever do upload to the archive anyone; the original file can go up

> regardless of what type it is (good for anyone who wants the source

> unaltered), while if you are able to re-encode it in the appropriate

> quality, H264 and AAC audio is a good choice. If you ever find a good

> encoder which doesn't need text scripts to run, post it :-)

I'm giving a talk on this very subject (archiving multimedia, with a
slant towards the demoscene since it's a demoscene party I'm giving the
talk at) and one thing I'd like to stress is to *always* keep the
original somewhere, for hopefully obvious reasons.

Just wanted to get that out while the discussion is still hot :-)
--
Jim Leonard (trixter at oldskool.org) http://www.oldskool.org/
Help our electronic games project: http://www.mobygames.com/