[game_preservation] RetroFusion '08 Event - and any others going on?

Captain Commando evilcowclone at gmail.com
Tue May 20 10:34:12 EDT 2008

Well, I know they have a pinball convention here in the Denver-Metro area,
but the person I know who knows about it neglected to tell me until after
the convention was over!

Frans Mayra is going to a digital archiving conference in Finland, so we
should keep an eye on what he has to say. Maybe he can give us an overview
regarding what the conference had to say in relation to games preservation?

http://www.unet.fi/fransblog/2008/05/16/participating-in-digital-archiving-seminar/

Of course, what I was REALLY looking for at that moment was reports from the
Nordic Game Conference in Sweden where Fumito Ueda gave a few talks...

-Devin Monnens

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 4:16 AM, Andrew Armstrong <andrew at aarmstrong.org>
wrote:

> I posted a new entry on RetroFusion '08 on the blog:

> http://www.igda.org/preservation/archives/2008/05/retrofusion_08.html

> I might attend if it doesn't clash with anything, seems like a good time to

> play some stuff for the first time in my life!

> I also realised that, of course, no one has posted any events to us, or the

> mailing list. :)

> Anyone know of any going on? I'll create a new page to keep track of them.

> Events could be anything to do with game history, pinball stuff, arcade

> stuff, whatever. It'd be good to have a list (and if anyone knows of an

> existing list I'd love to see it :) ).

> Thanks all,

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando