[game_preservation] Capcom reveals lifetime sales numbers

Captain Commando evilcowclone at gmail.com
Mon May 26 09:51:54 EDT 2008

I found the source list with system names and release dates.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/876/876329p1.html?RSSwhen2008-05-23_111800&RSSid=876329

Some interesting things about the list:

No arcade games are on the list.
RE4 sold more on PS2 than on GC or Wii (but not more than those two
combined).
Code Veronica is the only Dreamcast title on the list.

It's also interesting to compare this list with ESA estimates of console
penetration and how many systems were sold at the time of release. That will
give you a different set of numbers.

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 9:49 PM, Julia Brasil <julianya at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wow, I for one am very surprised! Who would have thought that Dino Crisis

> and Aladdin sold more copies than Resident Evil 4! It is funny to think

> that, with all the money that goes into game budgets nowadays the market is

> allot more saturated than it used to be.

> One thing I don't understand is how Devil May Cry 2 sold more copies than

> the third installment of the series...

> oh well, thanks for the link though. It is certainly very interesting.

> ~Jules

> On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Captain Commando <evilcowclone at gmail.com>

> wrote:

>> Hi all, this you will find VERY interesting:

>> http://wii.qj.net/Capcom-reveals-lifetime-video-game-sales-numbers/pg/49/aid/120505

>> Capcom's lifetime sales numbers both by series and by title. Amazingly,

>> the most profitable series is NOT Mega Man OR Street Fighter!

>> --

>> The sleep of Reason produces monsters.

>> "Until next time..."

>> Captain Commando