[game_preservation] Michael Crichton, dead at 66

Devin Monnens evilcowclone at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 18:59:47 EST 2008

Michael Crichton, famous speculative fiction and thriller author, died Nov 4
after a long battle with cancer. He was 66.

Though he's best known for his novels and his work challenging scientists,
he also wrote the graphical text adventure, *Amazon *(C64, 1984) and
directed and designed *Timeline* (Windows, 2000), the game based on his
novel.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/amazon
http://www.mobygames.com/game/timeline
www.michaelcrichton.com

I was incredibly shocked and saddened to hear this when I got home from work
today. Crichton's work with Jurassic Park was what inspired me to become a
writer. If I hadn't read his novels, chances are I wouldn't be as good a
writer as I am today. I'm sad I never got the chance to meet him, but am
grateful for his work.

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando