[game_preservation] SIG Icon and theme

Henry Lowood lowood at stanford.edu
Fri Nov 7 13:52:18 EST 2008

It's possible that some product icons might be available for our use.
I'm thinking, for example, of the old Epyx "thinker". Also, I believe
that anything connected to Vectrex is in public domain, and there might
be some cool images there. But it's probably also true that something
generic, not tied to a product or company, would be a better expression
of the SIG's goals anyway.

Another thought, something that ties the idea of an archive to games,
like (copyrights aside), dropping Pac-Man into a storage box -- hmm,
that's horrible, but you get what I mean.

Like Andrew, don't count on me for graphics ...

Henry

>>> http://igda.org/education/img/Topc.jpg

>>> http://www.igda.org/wiki/images/9/9a/SIG_Logo1_small_text.jpg

>>> http://www.igda.org/mobile/images/header.gif

>>> http://www.igda.org/qa/images/QASIG.jpg

>>> http://www.igda.org/women/images/header_new01.jpg

>>> http://gwsig.quantumcontent.com/images/personalheader.jpg

>>> If we're going to be boring, doing it as the mobile guys have (some text

>>> next to the standard IGDA header) would probably work. I'd be also

>>> interested if anyone has any theme ideas for colour schemes or site

>>> layouts - I'm beta testing the new IGDA site and will investigate what

>>> we can change (and complain a lot if we can't, since I want to make a

>>> site at least as good as the QA site! <http://www.igda.org/qa/>)

>>> If no one comes forwards, I'll put forward my own ideas, although since

>>> I'm no graphic artist, it'll be of limited imagination and competence :)

>>> Thanks all,

>>> Andrew