[game_preservation] Memorials icon

Devin Monnens evilcowclone at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 16:11:52 EST 2008

D'oh! I TOTALLY didn't read that about the link. Lillies are used for
memorials to deceased loved ones (for some reason, I'd always associated
them with white, though!). Kinda sad I didn't remember that, as I did a bit
of research on symbolism of flowers for my Poppies game...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flower#Symbolism

Anyway, this makes it PERFECT.

-Devin
On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 2:06 PM, Devin Monnens <evilcowclone at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey, that's pretty good! I'll forward this to the SIG and see what they

> think.

> How does it look if we have a red flower and yellow stamen? Did you model

> this off a particular flower? I know that poppies are used for war

> memorials, but that's a very specific, and can be somewhat

> contentious, use...

> Thanks, Ryan!

> -Devin

> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 10:18 AM, Ryan Barrett <ryanbarrett80 at gmail.com>wrote:

>> Hey,

>> i made this for the memorials icon, on the IGDA website. I think you'll

>> agree this fits pretty perfectly. It's a lily. The reference i used you

>> can see here:

>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:LiliumBulbiferumCroceumBologna.jpg

>> It's even in the IGDA colors!

>> Anyway, yeah there it is. Hope you like!

>> --Ryan

>> --

>> "Why do the mundane when you could do magic?"

>> --John Kricfalusi

> "Until next time..."

> Captain Commando

"Until next time..."