[game_preservation] Older versions of Programs (ISO archival)

Captain Commando evilcowclone at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 20:51:11 EDT 2008

Well, I'd prefer to know what the difference is between the two (other than
file size and accessibility). Obviously if the disc contains PC files, you'd
have to include that. I suspect there might be some things related to gaps
between tracks. I suppose it would be ideal to be redundant, but I'm not
100% sure if that's needed for audio discs.

-DM

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 6:45 PM, Andrew Armstrong <andrew at aarmstrong.org>wrote:

> Both? Have one for the entire CD (including any extra PC-only files of

> course), and FLAC for individual files. :) that's if you've the space...if

> not, go with FLAC files only.

> Andrew

> Captain Commando wrote:

>> I love this already.

>> Now with this in mind, what's SIG members' opinions regarding ISO archival

>> versus storage of individual files on the disc? This is applicable to both

>> game discs and music CDs. Videogame music, for example - I was debating on

>> suggesting FLAC or just ISO the disc for the archival backup. FLAC has the

>> advantage of already being in a format that can be accessed by media

>> players, though ISO might contain some information that could get lost in

>> the lossless conversion process.

>> -DM

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando