[game_preservation] Game industry survey responses

Rachel "Sheepy" Donahue donahrm at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 15:48:49 EDT 2009

Hi all,

The survey responses are finally starting to come in in good numbers
(yay!) but only 30% of respondents are actually answering the whole thing
(boo!) In particular, all but one respondent from a company larger than 50
people has gotten past question 8. In otherwords, they say "yes we have a
formal archives/records management/library program" (excitement!) and then
decline to give ANY details, which isn't so helpful. I don't know if they
got bored, didn't realize there were more questions, or saw the questions
and decided the ought not to answer them.

Does anyone have any direct contacts for the larger game companies that
you might be able to put me in contact with (if you know any actual
information managers there that would be ideal, followed by people
involved with configuration management, followed by anyone willing to
listen), or direct to the survey in context? The survey can be completely
anonymous as all questions are optional -- they can leave the company name
out and just indicate the size of the company, or put the company name in
and check that they don't want it shared with anyone but the researchers
(myself and my faculty advisor), so the "danger" should be very limited.

Thanks!
Rachel

-------
Rachel Donahue
Graduate Assistant
Maryland Institute for Technology in the Humanities
University of Maryland, College Park
College Park, MD