[game_preservation] Archivist character in Diablo

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Mon Apr 13 11:27:56 EDT 2009

One thing, this does raise a question (in game design) why, at least in
a more persistant setting, there are not scholarly-available classes -
ones that do, literally, work on recording history or doing research.
There's a few stabs at this (some prestiege classes in D&D for instance)
but not really much of an attempt to get historian classes into games.

I say we petition every MMO for this :) Who cares about beating up
monsters if we can sit around researching, interviewing and recording! :P

Andrew

Rachel "Sheepy" Donahue wrote:

> Not yet, I'm afraid. That was definitely the best April Fool's thing I

> saw, though!

> On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 10:05:04 -0400, Andrew Armstrong

> <andrew at aarmstrong.org> wrote:

>> That'd be nice, perhaps they'll respond to Rachels survey :)

>> Andrew

>> Vowell, Zach wrote:

>>> Okay, so apparently it's an April Fool's thing, and this archivist's

>>> primary

>>> http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/characters/archivist.xml

>>> Maybe we can count on Blizzard to have a true-blue in-house archivist.

>>> Zach