[game_preservation] [Projects] SIG Collaboration

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Thu Apr 30 11:12:05 EDT 2009

Anyone who is a member of other SIG's might want to comment and critique
this:

* *Title:* SIG Collaboration
* *Purpose:* Working with other SIG's - both on the history of their
area (such as the history of Women in Games for the Women in Games
SIG), but also helping their members preserve their own history,
or record the SIG's own history.
* *Lead:* /None/
* *Started:* N/A

Devin has done some work with the WIG SIG already, but this can go
further. Apart from there being people who don't even know we exist in
the IGDA (likely a major part of the membership) there is significant
benefit if we can help out the IGDA's own special interest areas by
documenting or help document their histories.

There are people interested in helping with this from the SIG's I've
mentioned it too. It however requires work actually putting together the
articles, the research, and also working out reasonable projects to
undertake between SIG's.