[game_preservation] National Game Registry Blog

Martin Goldberg wgungfu at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 01:09:43 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 11:12 PM, Devin Monnens <dmonnens at gmail.com> wrote:

> RE: Dabney - Baer and Steve Kent both seem to talk about Bushnell building

> Computer Space. So Baer was just going off of Bushnell's story in Kent's

> book?

Also, don't forget that Ted was (and still is) a mystery to many,
usually just mentioned as an aside to the founding of Atari and even
then often purposely left out by Nolan. Another writer, as well as my
self, were the first ones to actually track him down and interview
him. Mine was on and off for a year and a half (he moved during the
process). The other author's work (Leonard Herman of Phoenix fame)
actually appeared in the 200th issue of Edge magazine as a feature
article. In my case, it was done for the set of books and
crossreferenced with other Atari and Ampex people of the time.

Marty