[game_preservation] Videogame preservation/history events 2009

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Tue Jan 27 13:49:19 EST 2009

So, a call out to everyone who knows something going on in 2009. We
might not have a calendar yet, but I'm still interested in posting news
(and putting it on any new calendar we get with the new IGDA site that
eventually will go up).

Inspired by seeing this event that is in March in the UK:
http://www.byte-back.info/

We also have the IGDA Game Preservation SIG roundtable at GDC in March.
Sadly, this is 1 hour of preservation material for the entire event, so
don't get a pass just to come to this for history stuff. I'll be there
though *waves* and Henry is running it.

*So, any other events people know of going on this year?*

I'm also on the look out for "reporters", people who can get pictures,
and do a report on the events, since usually they are acosted by various
videogame luminaries, collectors, historians and so forth, all of which
is great. This would be for our website. I'll be doing it at GDC, and I
might pop to the Byte Back event if I have the time and money - and I
also will be contacting the event people to see if they take their own
videos, which would be useful for the IA collection.

Thanks!