[game_preservation] [Fwd: [SIGs-Admin] IGDA Wiki Problems]

Henry Lowood lowood at stanford.edu
Wed Jul 1 13:41:25 EDT 2009

More on the Wiki snafu.

Henry

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [SIGs-Admin] IGDA Wiki Problems
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 12:36:12 -0400
From: Joseph Sapp <jsapp at TALLEY.com>
list for SIG leaders <sigs-admin at igda.org>

Hi All,

I wanted to make sure I kept everyone updated on the problems we have
been having with the Wiki. It appears there has been a re-occurring
issue with a script repeatedly opening up php processes which is causing
problems for the entire server. This forced our host to disable the
wiki. Our options have are to change or modify the script or to upgrade
the wiki software. As we planned to upgrade the wiki software when we
made the migration to the new website, we have opted for that direction
to remedy this problem. I am confident that we will get this problem
resolved this afternoon. If you have any questions about this please
send them my way. I apologize for any problems this outage has created.

**Joseph R. Sapp**

Community Liaison, IGDA

19 Mantua Road

Mt. Royal, NJ 08061

856.423.2990ext.224

joda at IGDA.org <mailto:joda at IGDA.org>

Follow the IGDA on Twitter! http://twitter.com/igda
<http://twitter.com/igda>

Or find us on Facebook and LinkedIn.

--
Henry Lowood, Ph.D.
Curator for History of Science & Technology Collections;