[game_preservation] Home of the Underdogs Revival Project

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Fri Mar 6 13:51:15 EST 2009

Hey,

Sarinee from HotU has setup a google groups project thing to manage
somehow getting the old site data online. She's provided a bit of the
data which I've mirrored on the archive (
http://www.archive.org/details/Home_of_the_Underdogs-Data ) - sadly
nothing from the mac side, none of the user content either (forums,
reviews, etc.) but there is raw data there in an Excel Spreadsheet got
out from the DB.

The group is here for those who want to contribute:
http://groups.google.com/group/hotu-revival

I'm there, hopefully more as an advisory role since I have GDC coming up
right now, where I hope to get somewhere a static set of HTML pages or
at least a static site uploaded on the web (either in zip or as an
accessible resource). This depends on others efforts it seems - someone
needs to ring the debtors who took over the hosting company once it
filed for bankrupcy to possibly get a site backup for instance (it's in
America, I can't ring ;) ). Someone else is manually getting pages (from
where I don't know - Coral Cache and suchlike I presume).

I've added it to the general projects page. I'll say this has "IGDA Game
Preservation SIG approval" but except for me and Dan no one from here is
working on it I guess :)