[game_preservation] Marvin's

Melanie Swalwell melanie.swalwell at flinders.edu.au
Fri Mar 6 19:34:52 EST 2009

This is an amazing website. A great find: it has heaps of info on
electro mechanical arcade games -- http://marvin3m.com/arcade/index.htm
-- including got posters, photos, manufacturers' info, etc. Most
helpful for my current project: an exhibition of documentary photos
taken in arcades (or other spaces with arcade machines) in the 1970s and
80s in New Zealand. Many are at the crossover of electro-mechanical to
video. I will let the list know when it's online (due to launch next
month).

Has anyone been to Marvin's and played the games?

You just gotta love collectors!

Melanie

Andrew Armstrong wrote:

> Interesting stuff, an early (or the first?) light gun game:

> http://marvin3m.com/arcade/rayolit.htm

> I should post this in the blog perhaps, but I think it's not a

> videogame as such, although it is a game!

Dr Melanie Swalwell
Senior Lecturer, Screen and Media
& Course Coordinator, B. Media
Flinders University