[game_preservation] Preserving Websites

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Mon Mar 9 12:38:43 EDT 2009

Yep, that's mainly what I'd intend if the project got going for game
websites going down - either archive-it one time crawls, website backups
from the source, or something, stored in a location publicly accessible.

Doing it constantly on sites still up and running would be what the
Wayback machine partially does, and also not be feasible or really
desirable, although doing a good scrape every year of a site can work
wonders (a lot of changes can happen in a year for larger sites), it'd
also not be the point of the project initially (if at all, like I said -
cost, in time and money, would be much higher).

Andrew