[game_preservation] Old printers

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Wed May 20 20:16:56 EDT 2009

Maybe donate them to one of the many computer museums if they'd take
them. Working printers get harder and harder to find since they're so
much less common then the hardware (of course), or at least might be
useful for parts.

If you did document them, well, we really need to get some
documentation/guidelines together on how best to do that, at least a
checklist and form thing or something. Not that printers specifically
are material for videogame preservation exactly, just in general this
would be useful. Hmm, where was that post about what someone did with
old kit they needed to bin - photographs, documentation etc. they
collected digitally before selling on or donating the material...hmm...

Andrew