[game_preservation] More Retro Machinima

Devin Monnens dmonnens at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 20:34:42 EDT 2009

I would say the bare bones is a video or film created using a game engine.
Performance need not be part of it (a real-time cutscene is machinima; a
pre-rendered cutscene is not). If this includes using game animations (like
say taking an Unreal or Halo character and sticking him in front of a blue
screen), then that broadens the definition (part of the film must be created
using a game engine). Spartan X probably doesn't count because the
animations are composed and compiled separate.