[game_preservation] U.S. Crash was Re: Generations standards?

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Fri Apr 16 14:42:57 EDT 2010

Cool, missed your direct comment that you were investigating the time
period :) Like I said I'd love to help, but lack some of the direct
information - and being in the UK don't have any real way of getting it
really. Shame there is no decent book coverage of it.

If there was some way of sharing the research easily (if they are
digital files the IGDA wiki would do) it might be a nice idea to start
compiling the relevant information in whatever depth that might be
appropriate. I'd be an avid reader of anything and help and could
certainly email people at least, but like I say, limited in resources
access otherwise, although I could look into UK things (in this case,
probably the least relevant thing apart from "What was happening
elsewhere" sections, heh), and if nothing else I am an organiser.

I also realise wikipedia isn't meant to be a paper on the subject
(although some are pretty much, and good for them) but that article was
certainly something that is probably a bad idea to read just so you
don't get the wrong idea, I'm sure your research will help improve it
greatly. :)