[game_preservation] U.S. Crash was Re: Generations standards?

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Sat Apr 17 17:48:10 EDT 2010

On 17/04/2010 04:13, Devin Monnens wrote:

> ...and I'm glad I learned about it, but does it really need a full

> article on Wikipedia?

We discussed this before but the point is wikipedia has next to no
*technical* problem storing articles about obscure things like this.
Text is tiny amounts of info, therefore the question should be "but why
it alone on Wikipedia?", or "Why are we in the mindset that deleting
information is useful?" when it decidedly never is!

The MUD guys (and many others) are pretty annoyed at many of their game
articles, many fully cited and so forth, being deleted. It is a bit
weird there, and I am sure like most people on the list, time is a bit
limited to go into such places and argue for the inclusion of
information rather then the deletion of it.

> And while we're on the subject, the history of games information is in

> no way organized.

I think as most section it's just hard to categorise and nicely compile
lists of other related articles, but wikipedia is slowly improving there
actually, much better then a few years ago navigating broader articles
now, I'll give it high credit for that considering it's all manual work,
should be better organised but it's the way of that medium and the broad
scope of the content as a whole.