[game_preservation] Game Canon

Rowan Kaiser rowankaiser at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 13:49:32 EDT 2010

One of the things I'm working on with my book is putting the story of games
into context. More than a list of things declared to be canonical - a term
which is problematic in many respects - but an actual traceable narrative.
Without that context, a "canon" or "Hall of Fame" is bound to be more than a
little absurd. Indigo Prophecy, really?

The IGN Hall of Fame is, in my opinion, a pretty good list of important and
great games. It's almost totally lacking idiosyncrasies and kind of boring,
but it does represent a "canon" as much as anything I've seen.
http://games.ign.com/halloffame/