[game_preservation] More good news re: DMCA

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Wed Aug 4 13:14:51 EDT 2010

Henry,

I read the main guts of it on Ars, I thought about posting it but it
seemed like there wasn't much videogame related stuff - not like there
was explicitly previously at least. I won't say the UK situation is any
better, our copyright laws right now don't allow us to legally rip CD's
yet...mmm.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2010/07/apple-loses-big-in-drm-ruling-jailbreaks-are-fair-use.ars

It's good news though if you think it applies to videogames; should we
put something more permanent on the wiki about this? It'd be at least
worth noting for posterity and also commenting on how absurd the
situation is.

Andrew