[game_preservation] This is really the last snippet on the DMCA exemption - I promise

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Wed Aug 4 13:36:03 EDT 2010

Yes, the Ars article addresses this security-testing exemption, but as
Jerome said it perhaps doesn't apply so much to actual preservation and
more permanent bypassing of such measures (and they damn well do need to
be bypassed...).

I'd say continue posting ;) I'm not an American so quite honestly I
don't know much about the relevant laws, but am instead investigating
the UK and EU equivalents when I find spare time (or rather, it's on my
to do list ;) ). Perhaps going over the limitations and laws for our
group - or if we had some lawyer able to comment on the situation -
would be very cool though since legalese is so vastly hard to read.

Andrew